Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Year In Reflection

It's been a year of milestones-I'm another year older, the salon had its first birthday, and:
  1. We got published in Magazines (Instyle, Womens Health, Marie Claire, Oyster, Madison, Empower and a few more)
  2. Winner of best salon in Sydney voted by readers.
  3. Finalist for the city of Sydney business awards.
  4. Nominated by the Lord Mayor for a Sustainability Award.
  5. We directed hair shows for O&M and Nina Maya.
  6. We worked on Sydney, and Melbourne fashion weeks, doing such labels as Gorman, Ginger and Smart, Finetti, White Suede, Antipodean, Camilla Frank, Nicholas Molli and many more!
  7. Hair for the Sony Foundation ball, Chambord Shine Awards.
  8. The Seafolly launch for their new collection( one of my personal favs)
  9. We were chosen by Vodafone and Kahdo to be a sponsored driver!
  10. I starred in Adverts for O&M and Vodafone they are coming out next year (scary, no really scary)
  11. We also directed a show and commercial for Pushplay jeans.
Wow! What a year, and I'm sure there are things I have forgotten. 2008 has been a great year. The team has grown, our client base has grown. I am so happy with life here at the English, and its really down to the team around me, from my family, to the girls at work and my friends. To everybody who has supported us this year THANK YOU . Next year will be bigger, better and more fun. We came, we saw and we conquered!